Sunday, January 30, 2011

Removing a couple posts

Ok, I'm going to remove a couple posts. I'm doing this at the request of the Etsy seller, themefragrance.

She has sent me a couple convo's through Etsy, and instead of paraphrasing her I'll copy her convo's here so there isn't any misunderstanding. Also, as of now I haven't responded to her convo's since it's Sunday and I've been busy grocery shopping, doing laundry, you know all those things mommy's do. Well I know that non-mommy's do those too, since I did that before the monkey came along.

So anyway here are the convo's...
Your sample purchase was made in 2009.
It is now 2011.

Fragrances can change in character.
I would happy to send you another sample so that it is reviewed properly.

I feel that perhaps this should not be a review.

themefragrance
30 January 2011 10:57am EDT


by themefragrance profile shop contact
Patricia,

Seashell is made with real essential oil- all essential oils have a shelf life where they change dramatically in character.
I didn't know if you knew that. You really cannot a sample from 2009. Also citrus oils are. Of a more delicate nature than
Other essential oil added to blends. If you would like more information feel free to contact me.
Anyway, I don't think your review accurately reflects the fragrance, due to the amount of time that has passed.

Also I am unlike other sellers- unless you are a very very expeiernced nose, there is no way to test 12 samples from a store.
Sellers that do that are not doing anyone a service. I test one fragrance, and work on one fragrance at a time as the nose
Becomes fatigued rapidly.

Themefragrance
30 January 2011 3:03pm EDT


I plan not to take her up on her offer a new sample.

So, if you have been reading my blog for any period of time, you know that I've never said I have the perfect sniffing nose, or that I'm doing this for anything but fun. Also, I'm pretty sure that I've said how I store my samples, but if I haven't here it is...I store them in a dark place, a drawer in my bedroom that never gets above 72 or below 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

It's obvious to me that Theme's owner has looked through my posts and sees that I have a few favorite sellers, that I have 'reviewed' and ummm well her comment about them is not cool with me.

When I 'review' I wear the scent for an entire day. I sniff if straight out of the tester vial, then on my pulse points at several different times. If I am in doubt I say so and I often retry on another day.

So with that I'll remove the posts, when I can get to my computer, so I don't mess up my blog page by trying to do it from my mobile.

Here is my response to Theme...
Hi, I'll be happy to remove my thoughts on your fragrances from my blog. When I can get in front of my laptop. Also, I plan to explain to my readers why some of my posts have been removed.

I have been blogging for a short period of time for fun. I've never had anyone unhappy with my thoughts on their products, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Patricia

So to anyone that I have mentioned here please know that my opinion is just that and I'm doing this for fun. I hope that I'm sending a few people your way so they can make their own judgements.

Thanks


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. So in the interest of full disclosure here is the response Theme sent to me after I responded to her...
    This is in regards to writing about a sample purchased in 2009.
    Cosmetics in particular have shelf lives. Especially those with natural
    Ingredients that are delicate. I wanted to let you know that in all fairness
    That testing a sample that was of that nature from 2009 is not an accurate
    Reflection of that product. I would not write about any product from 2009.
    Lots of entirely natural products should be reviewed immediately.
    Also in keeping a sample from then, and depending on storage, heat etc.
    This can change the aroma.
    Sorry for the punctuation, on an iPad that capitalizes.
    This will help your blogging!

    If you have any questions about cosmetic formulation please feel free
    To contact me.
    30 January 2011 4:26pm EDT

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design