Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lip Balm

I've been meaning to post about lip balms for a while now, I'm finally getting to it.

So, I'm a lip balm addict! I have probably five or six tubes going at one time. And my stash of unopened balms is huge! Plus I have a special balm for when I run and for bedtime. Yes! I'm crazy!

I'll start off with the ones I use for running and bedtime, since they are from the same company. I'll say I'm not usually a fan of the balms you find in regular retail outlets, but these two are specialized.

So for running I use Neosporin® lip health daily hydration therapy. It has SPF 30, so for running outside in all kinds of weather it's great. It's thick and rich, not at all waxy.

For bedtime, I also use a Neosporin® product overnight renewal, also thick and rich for the dry overnight hours.

Now for daily wear I have found a few that are just great.

My all time favorite place is My Lip Stuff, http://www.mylipstuff.com/

Brea the owner of My Lip Stuff is fantastic, she has four or five hundred, yes I said hundred, flavors of lip balm, and she is always adding flavors.

There is a balm of the month club option, a great gift for the lip balm addict in your life. Or you can personalize your tube. I have one saved from my baby shower, now I wouldn't use the balm now since it's over four years old, but it's a great keepsake.

Now for those of you that shop Etsy I have a few shops there, too. Usually the flavors are more limited, you won't find hundreds of flavors, but you'll find organic and vegan options.

Here is my Etsy list...
Ophelia's Apothecary opheliasapothecary.etsy.com
Long Winter Farm longwinterfarm.etsy.com
Balm Mom balmmom.etsy.com
Petite Threla petitethrela.etsy.com
Flourish Bath and Body flourishbathbody.etsy.com

As with perfumes, you want to store unopened balms in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight, it will last longer and keep the flavor fresh.

Until next time...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design