Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wiggle - Selene

Today I'm wearing Selene from Wiggle Perfume.

Description from the Etsy, Wiggle Perfune shop, wiggleperfume.Etsy.com

Because I've always been desperately envious of those linen and lapis draped ladies in the frescoes, and because I just got my hands on the most exquisite red musk, I've created Selene as a love letter to the Nile. Named after Cleopatra's daughter (and accompanied by a matching men's scent named after her son, Helios) this perfume will make you feel positively regal. I've blended rich golden myrrh with red musk (the proper Indian stuff I used to get from the Gypsy Market in Atlanta) and blood orange essential oil. Heady lotus, night blooming jasmine, and olive blossom lend a narcotic femininity. Selene is all moonlight and warm breezes, perfect for pairing with gladiator sandals and a gold bangle or two.

So, first sniff, in the tester, is a lovely white floral, probably the jasmine, then it's gone. Now I'm getting the musk and myrrh definitely as a spicy scent, but not in an overwhelming old spice kind of way.

I think this is just ok for me.

Rating today



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design